A Storm of Swords


Finished A Storm of Swords today. Very tempted to just dive right in with the next book in the series, but I shall continue with my June-reading. It might be nice to read something else, less grissly deaths. I love the series and I loved the book, but I am starting to get a bit jaded about all the deaths. I feel like he makes some of the characters just to kill them off in the most grissly of ways.

I really like being allowed into Jamie's head. I think he is interesting, and it's exciting to listen to his thoughts and learn how he thinks. Since I only heard about him through others I obviously didn't know much about him, it's interesting to hear what he thinks about his relationship with Cersei and what he thinks about his children. I also liked getting to hear his take on his own honor and his Kingslaying.

I also like Arya more and more. She's turning into a complete badass, which I love. She basically thinks she's completely alone in the world, but she doesn't let it break her. I also like hearing about Sansa, she's becoming more assertive and I like her more with every chapter.
I am looking forward to the next book, but I will stick to my June-reading and go on to Philip Pullman.

On another note I got a bloody brilliant birthday present from one of my best friends. She gave me a huge book with the complete works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, all the Sherlock Holmes stories. I am looking forward to reading it so much. I bloody love Sherlock Holmes and I love the stories and I am absolutely going to read Sherlock Holmes this summer. Happy days.