Books in October


Inkheart – Cornelia Funke (BOTM)
It’s the book of the month in a group I’m in at Goodreads. The book is about a girl, Meggie, whose father can read characters to life. He is abducted by one of these characters. When Meggie was three her dad read from a book called Inkheart and these characters were released into the world. Her mother disappeared into the story. I really like the plot, it sounds interesting. I’m itching for some good fairytale-fantasy-action; that sounded weirder than I wanted it to. I think it’ll be fun.




The Girl Who Circumvented Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making – Catherynne M. Valente (Rocky Road)
So I’m doing a PIG OUT-challenge on Goodreads. And I have to read a book about someone who makes a journey. Misty from the Bookrat has raved about this book, and it seems freaking awesome. And also I randomly found it in a bookstore and it was really pretty, so I needed it. Therefore I will read it. It’s about a girl named September, who is taken from her house in Omaha by Green Wind to go to Fairyland. It seems awesome. I've started it and it's exciting.




The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams (Milky Way)
So, one of the categories is Milky Way, cause the challenge is based on candy. And Milky Way means a book about space or with aliens in it. And I have wanted to reread the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, so I will do it now. It’s about Arthur Dent, who lives on earth and is friends with Ford Prefect. One day the council wants to tear his house down, which is annoying to Arthur, but there are bigger problems, because there are aliens blowing up earth to build an intergalactic highway.




Ship Breaker – Paolo Bacigalupi (Favorites)
Okay, so category Favorites. I have to read a book in my favorite genre. I chose a dystopian science fiction book. I love science fiction, and I like the dystopian, and I like Paolo Bacigalupi. I think it’s going to be pretty cool. It’s about a boy named Nailer who works on tankers in the American Gulf Coast region, scavenging copper wiring. And when he finds a huge beached clipper ship he also finds a girl there. He has to decide whether to save her or strip it for everything it’s worth. I’m really excited about it.




Confessions of an angry girl – Louise Rozett (Marshmallows)
Marshmallows category, basically means chick-lit. And this is technically a girl-lit, I guess, but I’m deciding it counts. It’s about an angry high-school girl, shockingly. And I don’t usually read chick-lit. I don’t have anything against it, I just like adventure and sci-fi and fantasy. But I think it could be okay. It could be an okay chick-lit I think. I’m excited. Go October.