Top Ten Authors That I'd Put On My Auto-Buy List


Another Tuesday, another list of top tens, although I could only think of eight. I realize there are probably more, I couldn’t remember any more. This is basically a list of authors whose books I would buy no matter what, no questions asked. Again this is from the blog the Broke and the Bookish. And off we go.

1. Neil Gaiman
I found out that he is releasing a new book this year and had a minor panic attack. I had to text my best friend instantly and go, O-M-G. I really love his books, I love his weirdness, and his hair. I watched the John and Hank Green’s evening of awesome, and Neil was there, and he seems wonderful. Also, he writes amazing things. I started reading his work by reading Good Omens, and then his short stories. I remember reading the story about Susan from Narnia and being extremely pleased that I wasn’t the only one who was annoyed by her ending. I really like Neil Gaiman.

2. Are Kalvø
So, this guy was on another list, I met him once, he’s wonderful. He is a satirist, that’s the word, right? He is a journalist and a comedian, and he writes extremely funny books. And I think he’s hilarious, so if I found out he wrote another book it would make me very excited. I don’t think he is, cause he’s doing some TV-show, but yes, I like him and I want to read more of his stuff.

3. J. K. Rowling
Basically, it’s not necessarily because I think it’ll be awesome, but because Harry Potter was such a huge part of my childhood, and I just want more Rowling. I have the Casual Vacancy, but I haven’t read it yet. I will, I guess.

4. Jacqueline Carey
I’ve read all her books so far, and I loved them all. And I think that her writing is very interesting. I think I’d buy any book she published, because I’ve loved all the others so much and I would need to know what she would write about next.

5. Catherynne M. Valente
Her books are so far awesome, so I am willing to pick up anything she writes. I’m sort of vibrating in anticipation to read the girl who fell beneath fairyland, but I haven’t found it anywhere. Which makes me a bit sad, but there is always the Internet. So, that’ll be exciting.

6. John Green
Die-hard Nerdfighter that I am, I think it’s a requirement to read John Green novels. It doesn’t bother me to be honest, because I like John’s books, and I think they’ve only gotten better. I think he becomes a better author with every book, so I’m excited to see what comes next. I liked that TFiOS was a bit different from the others, because some of them get a bit same-y. Still, John Green is good.

7. Erin Morgenstern
So I think she’s only written one book, she is a visual artist, but if she would like to write another book I will go for it like a shot. She writes so beautifully and she paints wonderful pictures with words. If I were a writer I would want to be able to write as beautifully.

8. Christopher Healy
Again, only read one book, but it is enough. The book is bloody brilliant, the Hero’s Guide to Saving your Kingdom, and it is fantastic. I really like the silly writing, and although I feel like I shouldn’t read children’s books, cause I’m all adult-y, I can’t help myself. It’s wonderful. Just realized it’s a series, pretty much the happiest of campers.