Books in April


The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
Yes, uh, I recently read the Hobbit, cause of the movie, and then I thought I should read the Lord of the Rings. I’ve read it before, but in Norwegian. My dad said it was very good in English, and that I have to read it in English to get the musicality, and all that. And yes. I will, because I wanted to read it again. And my sister gave me all the books for Christmas. And that’ll be fun. I’m excited. I kind of want to read the Hobbit again, but it’s getting obsessive, so I’ll read the Lord of the Rings.



The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks
This is a book I need to read for a class. Well not need to, but it’s suggested that we read some books. The Wasp Factory is about a 16-year-old who lives with his father outside a Scottish village. His brother Eric is in a mental institution and Frank’s father is a bit odd. To vent his frustration Frank has turned to violence. When his older brother escapes from the hospital Frank needs to prepare for his brother returning home. It seems interesting, and it is good for me to read something that isn’t fantasy or YA fiction.




Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote
I’ve seen the movie, and I thought it was delightful. This book is also on my list of suggested reads. It is basically about a country girl, named Holly Golightly, who has moved to New York. She doesn’t really have a job, but gets money from socializing with rich men. She meets the narrator who she calls Fred and they become friends. It sounds like a lot of fun. That’ll be interesting. 





Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
If I have time I think I’ll start Pride and Prejudice. I’ve been watching the Lizzie Bennett diaries, and they’re awesome. So I feel like I should read the book. I imagine it’ll be absolutely awesome. At least I hope so. My sister is reading it and she likes it, so that is good news.