1. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - I think I’ve told my best friend to read this like fourteen times,
basically every time we’ve seen it somewhere. I don’t know if she’s read it,
but I have given it to her for her birthday. It’s very beautifully written and
I like it.
2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - Mainly because I think it’s an amazing book and I was deeply
surprised that I liked it so much when I read it. Also it’s beautiful.
4. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling - It’s Harry Potter, it is the best thing ever and it was a huge
part of my childhood so I’ll have to make people read it, right? I do realize
it isn’t necessarily the best thing ever, but because it was so important to me
growing up it feels like the best thing in the world.
5. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien - Because it’s the Hobbit, and the Hobbit is awesome. I own four copies,
because I’m awesome, and weird. I love the movie, and I love the book, and I’ve
loved it since I was a kid.
6. Kushiel’s Legacy(Phedre's trilogy) by Jacqueline Carey - It’s a very beautifully written fantasy series. The books are long and
full of intrigue and yes they might seem a bit long-winded, but the
descriptions are so beautiful and I really love the mythology she has created.
7. Starship Titanic by Terry Jones - Douglas Adams is hilarious, and the Monty Python dudes are awesome,
so when one of the Pythons writes a book based on a Douglas Adams computer game
it has to be great. It’s absolutely hilarious, I had to remind myself I was
reading it in public so I didn’t laugh out loud.
9. American Gods by Neil Gaiman - Neil Gaiman writes such beautiful stories. I love that you can read
about a character and who he is supposed to be is very obvious, but you don’t
get it until the last second before it’s revealed. Like who Wednesday was. I
felt like an idiot when I finally got it. I loved this book, and everyone
should read it.
10. Anna Dressed in blood by Kendare Blake - Anna Dressed in blood is a bit like the TV-show Supernatural
in a very good way. Cas is this snarky hunter who goes after ghosts and is
awesome. The language is just very good and the concept is a lot of fun.
Although the love story is a bit creepy, but then again so is every
vampire-human love story, so I guess it works.