Top Ten Character Names I Love or Top Ten Unusual Character Names




Another Tuesday. This week the Top Ten Tuesday list is Character names I love or unusual character names. I chose names I like. So these are basically names I just really like. They’re not necessarily special or unusual, I just like them for some reason. They are in no particular order, except the top one, which will always be the top name, because he is a genius. This is as always the meme Top Ten Tuesday from The Broke and the Bookish. Enjoy and comment and all that jazz. Here we go.

Zaphod Beeblebrox from the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy books. And I love it because it’s funny. It’s just a brilliant name. And it fits him beautifully.

Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter. I love this name because it fits her so well. She is so loony and so cute, and so GOOD.

Karou from the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy. This is because I think it’s just really special and sort of weird. It sounds like a word, sort of.

Door from Neverwhere. I don’t know why but I quite like when objects or just nouns are used as names, like Fire, or Door. It’s cool. Or after places, like Islington from the same book.

Augustus Waters from the Fault in Our Stars. I think John Green is good at coming up with names. Something about Augustus Waters is just really good. It’s sort of quirky and weird, but completely normal at the same time. I just like it.

September from the Fairyland series. I don’t know exactly why I like it, I just do. It’s a bit like the whole noun as a name. I think I’d like to call a kid something like that. Just to scar them. It reminds me of Wednesday Adams, I like it.

Shadow from American Gods. Again: I like nouns. And I also like the fact that it fits him really well. He is a huge scary-looking guy who would quite like to just disappear. I love Shadow, he’s so sweet and awww.

Thursday Next from the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde. It’s just a really good name. I don’t know why exactly, I just really like it.

Kilgore Trout from Vonnegut’s works. Kilgore Trout is a made up author, based on Theodore Sturgeon. I just really like the name. For that matter Theodore Sturgeon is also a brilliant name, but he is not actually fictional.

Boo Radley from To Kill a Mockingbird. It’s just really nice. Boo Radley. I’d like to have a dog, or a cat, and name it Boo Radley (with a bunch of other names). I just like Boo Radley, the name and the character.