Top Ten 2014 Release I'm Dying To Read




This is this week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week the subject was 2014 releases I am dying to read. I’m generally very unaware of when books are coming out. And so I had to look through some lists of books coming out in 2014, and I found some books I have actually been wanting to read, could only come up with 8 though. They mainly made me really excited. I’m happy and pleased, and there will be fairy tales and angels. It’s going to be great.


Cress by Marissa Meyer. OH MY GOD! I love the books so much, more of Cinder, and also Cress, Rapunzel, oh God. So, anyway, this is the third book in the Lunar chronicles, and is based around Rapunzel, who is sitting in a satellite orbiting the earth. She has been there since she was born, and now she has been ordered by queen Levana to track down Cinder and Captain Thorne. Cinder, Thorne, Scarlet and Wolf are separated and Cress is given her freedom. It sounds amazing, the cover is absolutely gorgeous. I’m so excited. 




Shattered by Teri Terry. This is the conclusion to the Slated trilogy. I have no idea what is supposed to happen, but I imagine we learn more about Kyla’s past, and we will possibly see the conclusion of her story, so that’ll be exciting. The Slated books are amazing, and I’m so excited.







Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor. This is the last book in the Daughter of Smoke and Bones trilogy about Karou and Akiva. I read both the first books this year, and they are amazeballs. I have such a way with words. The army of seraphs are now moving from Eretz into the human world. The enemy armies of Akiva and Karou must come together to help the humans and at the same time Akiva must avoid a vicious queen who is looking for him. It sounds amazing, but since this is the last book, I’m worried, I don’t want it to end. They are just so beautiful and amazing. Pout. 




Fates by Lanie Bross. It is about a woman named Corinthe, who was expelled from her world, and now has to make sure the fates of people play themselves out like they’re supposed to. Her last assignment is to kill a guy named Lucas Keller, and then she can go home. But then she sort of falls in love with him, and it sounds bloody awesome. It sounds like a lot of fun.







Tsarina by J. Nelle Patrick (a pen name of Jackson Pearce). I didn’t actually know J. Nelle Patrick was Pearce’s pen name, but now I know I’m even more excited, she’s amazing. It’s set in Imperial Russia. The Reds are gaining ground, and the Whites struggle to hold Saint Petersburg. Natalya is in love with Alexei Romanov, who has told her a secret. Inside the Winter Palace is a Faberge Egg that is enchanted by Rasputin, and as long as they have it the Romanovs will never fall from power. Then the Reds raid the Palace and the egg is gone, and the Romanovs captured. And Natalya has to find the egg. I really like Russia, and I like the idea of reading more about Russia, so that’ll be fun.



Hexed by Michelle Krys. It’s about witches and a girl named Indigo who is popular as hell, but suddenly a dude dies in front of her and her whole life changes. A guy named Bishop enters Indigo’s life and tells her she is a witch. It’s going to be bloody great.








Sekret by Lindsay Smith. It’s an espionage thriller about a girl named Yulia, whose father has always taught her that an empty mind is a safe mind. She has to control her thoughts and emotions to survive the KGB and communist Russia. She is captured by the KGB and has to work for them as a psychic spy. Again, I like Russia. I don’t know why, I find it fascinating. It’ll be fun.








House of Ivy & Sorrow by Natalie Whipple. Another witch book. It is about a girl named Jo Hemlock who lives with her grandmother, I think. She has been hiding from the curse that killed her mother, then a guy turns up at her house and she realizes she can’t hide forever. The cover is gorgeous, and it sounds really interesting, I am looking forward to it. It’ll be fun.