Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR



There’s another Tuesday going on. Which is exciting. This week is a pretty simple one, it’s the top ten books on my winter TBR, so the top ten books I’ll read this winter. The meme top ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Off we go.

We, the Drowned by Carsten Jensen
I like boats. That’s how you start an explanation. Anyway, We the Drowned is a book by Carsten Jensen, and it is about sailing, and this little town in Denmark, and it’s set from 1847-1945. It’s about the people of this little town, Marstal, who sail the seas for centuries, and it’s a bunch of stories and spans different places and times. I really like boats, and sailing and stuff. I wanted to be a pirate when I was growing up, I still kind of want to be. And I’m excited to read this book. This is originally a Danish book, so technically I should be able to read it in Danish, but it seemed like a lot of work, and I couldn’t find a Norwegian translation, so English it is.


The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
I have this sort of history with the Hobbit. My mother read it to me when I was little, I’ve read it like three times. And I have five copies of it. I like the Hobbit, and last year I read the book before I saw the movie. I kind of want to do that again, cause I’m a nerd. So I’ll see what happens there.






Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst
First of all: pun, I like puns. Second: badassador vampire who drinks blood and is then stabbed by a unicorn. I feel like this book was written for me. I think Sarah Beth Durst knows what I want in a book. It sounds perfect! Yeah, anyway, it’s about Pearl, who is a vampire, and who is stabbed by a unicorn, and can walk out in sunlight afterwards. And her family is obviously delighted, she can bring teens into her house, and suddenly Pearl gets a conscience.






Cress by Marissa Meyer
This is the third book in the Lunar Chronicles. It is based on Rapunzel. Cress is sitting in a satellite orbiting earth, and monitors earth. She is made by Levana to find Cinder, who has run away with Scarlet, Wolf and Captain Thorne. It sounds so AWESOME. And the cover is gorgeous. I am so excited. It’s Rapunzel guys, Rapunzel, in space!






Eternally Yours by Cate Tiernan
It’s the last book in the Immortal Beloved trilogy, and I loved the two first books. And I don’t know why I’ve waited so long. It’s so amazing, and gah, I need to read it. Mah.









Necromancing the stone by Lish McBride
Again: PUN! Such a good pun too. Lish McBride is a friggin’ genius. The Necromancer series is awesome. Sam is delightful and sweet, he is a necromancer, and he is beautiful and wonderful. The first book was funny and good, and cool and I really want to read the next one. It’s going to be bloody great.










Girl of nightmares by Kendare Blake
This is the second book in the Anna duology. Is that a word? It’s about a young man named Cas who hunts ghosts, and then he falls in love with one. She is haunting him now, and it is going to be glorious.








Inherent Vice by Thomas Pynchon
I read a Thomas Pynchon book this year, and it was one of the most confusing books I’ve ever read. I thought I’d try some more. I have no idea what it’s about, but it’s supposed to be exciting and good. It’s supposed to be interesting. Psychedelics and thrillers with noir thrown in, that’ll be interesting.







The Lord of the rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
I started this already, this year, but I am slow, so I am going to try and finish it this winter. I love the Hobbit, and I loved the first part of the Lord of the Rings, so I am excited about finishing it. It’ll be great.








Divergent by Veronica Roth
I’ve wanted to read this for a while, and now there’s a movie, so that’s exciting. I should read it. I really want to read it. I’m excited. I’m generally excited it seems.