A-Z in Books


I saw Misty from the Bookrat do this on her blog, because she saw Jamie of the Perpetual Pageturner do this. And it looked like a lot of fun. And I wanted to do something fun, so here we go. It's a wrap up of what I've read, things I like.



Author you’ve read the most books from:
Mine is Robert Jordan. He wrote the Wheel of Time, which has 16 books if you count New Spring, which you should. At least that’s what Goodreads tells me, but I haven’t necessarily put in all the books I’ve ever read there, so it might be R. L. Stine. I’ll assume it’s Robert Jordan though, cause he is awesome.

Best Sequel Ever:
I’d say Days of Blood and Starlight probably. I really liked the first one, but I thought this one was even better.

Currently Reading:
The Lies of Locke Lamora and I really like it so far. And Hunger, but Knut Hamsun, because I read two books at once.

Drink of Choice While Reading:
I think it’s Coke. Which might sound weird, maybe it doesn’t. I just really like coke. It’s that or water probably.

E-reader or Physical Book?
I have a Kindle, technically I have my dad’s Kindle, and I really like it. I like the ability to bring a lot of books with me. On the other hand I love paper books. I love how they smell and feel and I like the weight of them. I’m a nerd.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
I was an intensely awkward teenager, and I don’t think I would have dated anyone. I do however have a serious crush on George Weasley, I can’t explain it in any way, I just really like him.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
Immortal beloved. It’s bloody amazing.

Hidden Gem Book:
The Troupe.

Important Moment in your Reading Life:
My mother gave me Harry Potter when it first came out and it probably changed my reading life. I’m a pretentious ass, but Harry Potter became a huge part of my life and it made me find other books that were like Harry Potter.

Just Finished:
Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson. It was awesome.

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
I’m pretty easy, I’ll read anything. Except murder mysteries, I find them intensely boring.

Longest Book You’ve Read:
According to Goodreads it’s A Dance With Dragons, which comes in at 1184 pages.

Major book hangover because of:
I would say probably the last Harry Potter book. I’m pretty good at just moving on, but after Harry Potter was done I had no idea what I was supposed to do with myself.

Number of Bookcases You Own:
Four that I can see. Because I am very mysterious. I have four bookshelves. There is no system that makes sense. But yes.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
It’s not a massive surprise but all Harry Potter books. I’ve read them lots of times. I also used to read the same book every summer for like four years. It’s called the Ring of the Slave Prince and I loved it.

Preferred Place To Read:
My sofa, or weirdly on the bus. I read pretty much anywhere, an ability that came about from the utter boredom of taking the bus for an hour every day for three years. So I can read everywhere. It’s my sofa, or on my parents’ terrace, that’s also a good spot. Sunlight and just, yeah.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
I’m so bad at remembering quotes, I am planning to get better at that. There is a lot of good Dumbledore quotes though, and I like this one: “It does not do to dwell on dreams, Harry, and forget to live.

Reading Regret:
No regrets man. I am trying to be better at put books down if I don’t like them.

Series You Started And Need To Finish (all books are out in series):
All of them. I’m terrible at finishing series. I just read one book and then let it go. I have no idea why. I only read the first book of the Chaos Walking trilogy, so I should try getting that together.

Three of your All-Time Favourite Books:
Oh God. To Kill a Mockingbird. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. The Hobbit.

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Fairytales
The Hobbit
Harry Potter

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
Don’t make me choose, you’re evil. Cress and Dreams of Gods and Monsters.

Worst Bookish Habit:
I bend and break books, I know, it’s awful. I only do it to my own books. I like paperbacks because I can bend and bully them.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Because I'm predictable.

Your latest book purchase:
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown. It hasn’t arrived yet, which is obviously sad, but there you go.

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
I can’t remember, Fahrenheit 451 made me stay up really, really late, but that’s a while ago. It’s the only one I remember, so I’ll go with that.