Top ten books I want for my birthday



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature by the blog The Broke and the Bookish, and this week the topic was a freebie, as in we can pick what we want to list. I couldn’t really think of anything, then I remembered: it’s my birthday next week, and I always want books, so I thought I’d do a list of the top ten books I want for my birthday. Not necessarily new books, just books I really want. I couldn’t think of 10, because I am more of an impulse buyer. I see a book I want and then buy it.  

1. Harry Potter series
They re-released Harry Potter with new covers, which are just gorgeous. And when you put the books next to each other in order on your shelf the back makes up Hogwarts as seen here, and they’re just so beautiful and magnificent. And it’s not enough to have one full matching set of HP. 







2. The Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
It just looks really good, and because I am surprisingly superficial I also really love the covers and they make me want to read them.





3. The Resurrectionist by E.B. Hudspeth
Firstly it’s gorgeous to look at, it’s sort of a coffee table book. Not really something you read from cover to cover. It’s basically a fictional biography of a biologist and also an anatomy book for things like dragons and faeries and stuff. It looks brilliant.

4. Complete Roald Dahl collection
I was really into Roald Dahl when I was little. I read Matilda, and the BFG, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and so on, but I read them in Norwegian. I really want to read them in English. I like Roald Dahl to the extent that my mother bought me a huge pop-up book of Charlie and the Chocolate factory for Christmas and I sort of squealed. I’m 26.


5. Grimm’s Fairytales – a really pretty version
I really like fairytales, and I really want a pretty, big, gorgeous version of Grimm’s fairytales. Because you know, fairytales.


6. Eternally Yours by Cate Tiernan
Mainly because I just haven’t bought it yet, and I just never seem to get around to doing it. And that’s a shame, because I really loved the first two books.

7. Vonnegut books
Specifically with these covers, because again, I’m shallow and superficial. I have read a couple of Vonnegut books now, and I quite like them, so I want to read more.

8. Both Ransom Riggs books
They just look really cool and I like the concept of an island of slightly odd and weird people. And the combination of text and photos fascinates me. So that’s something.