Ten Authors I Own The Most Books From


Top Ten Tuedsay, again, I forgot last week, I’m an idiot. This week the prompt is the top ten authors I own the most books from. I have a lot of series. I’m going to count titles, not copies, because I own four copies of the Hobbit plus the graphic novel version and it seems wrong to count those as a lot of books by one author, so, titles it is. Top Ten Tuesday is a meme from the Broke and the Bookish.

I'll list them first, and then say a little about each author.

16 books. Robert Jordan.  
11 books. Neil Gaiman.  
10 books. Jacqueline Carey.  
9 books. J.K. Rowling.  
8 books. Brandon Sanderson. 
8 books. Jasper Fforde.  
7 books. C.S. Lewis. 
7 books. Harald Rosenløw Eeg.
6 books. George R.R. Martin.  

6 Books. Douglas Adams.

Robert Jordan. I have the 14 books in the Wheel of Time series, the prequel novel New Spring, and the graphic novel version of New Spring. I’ve read all of them. Some of the Wheel of Time books several times. The last three books were co-written with Brandon Sanderson after Jordan died. It’s based on notes Jordan left, so I’m gonna count them, since both of them wrote the books.

Neil Gaiman. It’s quite clear who my favourite author is I guess. I have read most of the books I own by him. I think Interworld and M is for Magic are the only ones I haven’t read. I love his writing, I love his stories and the way he tells them, they’re all amazing.

Jacqueline Carey. I have all the six books in the Kushiel’s Legacy series, the three books in the Moirin trilogy and Santa Olivia. I’ve read all of them and I think she’s amazing. The writing is beautiful and the stories are just fascinating.

J.K. Rowling. I have all the Harry Potter books, Beetle the Bard and the Casual Vacancy. I haven’t read The Casual Vacancy yet, but I have read Harry Potter like a million times.

Brandon Sanderson. As mentioned Sanderson co-wrote the last three books of the Wheel of Time series. I have read four of them and I am going to work my way through the last four soon, continuing the Mistborn trilogy first.

Jasper Fforde. I have the first five Thursday Next books, the two first Nursery Crime books and Shades of Grey. I’ve read five of them and I’m planning to get through the rest of them, at some point.

C.S. Lewis. Narnia. I’ve read them, and I hate the last book, and I don’t know why he would do that. So I’m a bit annoyed at C.S. Lewis.

Harald Rosenløw Eeg. Norwegian author making an appearance. He used to be my favourite writer when I was a kid. So I really liked him, and I read all of his books. I still have them lying around somewhere.  

George R.R. Martin. I have the five books that have currently been released in the Song of Ice and Fire series. I’ve read them all. Other than that I also have the first of the Dreamsongs books, which I have not read yet.

Douglas Adams. I have all the 5 Hitchhikers books. I’ve read them all, and they are just outstanding. I also have a bind up of Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency, which I haven’t read, but will read.