Top Ten Books On My Fall To-Be-Read list


This week's top ten Tuesday prompt is Top ten books on my Fall TBR. Top Ten Tuesday is as always hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.

Innsirkling 2 by Carl Frode Tiller
This is a Norwegian book, and it’s the second book in a trilogy called Innsirkling, which I can’t think of a good English word for, but it means to circle something in. I read the first book a while ago. I think I have to reread it, because I’m not sure I remember everything. It’s about a guy named David, who has lost his memory, and the authorities have put his picture in the paper and people write David letters to tell him who he is. And from the letters we learn he wasn’t necessarily the greatest person in the world, and maybe he hasn’t lost his memory, maybe he’s just doing some art piece. The third book just came out, so I need to get up on that.

A Madness of Angels by Kate Griffin
I’ve had this book for a while. And I tried reading it, but I never got into it really, but I do want to read it so I am going to try again. It’s about a sorcerer named Matthew Swift, who died two years ago, but is now alive again. And he is about to wreak vengeance on the person who killed him, and the person who brought him back. I don’t think I was in the right place when I read it, so I’ll try again.

Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
I think I started this once, but who knows? I should. But I have no control over my own life. I’m not entirely sure what it’s about. I found out. It’s about Toru, a college student in Tokyo, who is very devoted to Naoko, who is a beautiful young woman. But their relationship is sort of marked and marred, by the death of their friend a couple of years ago. And it’s about their life in college, and how they’re handling it.

The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
I’m on a serious Brandon Sanderson-kick this year. And I’ve heard this book is really great. And obviously it’s a good idea to start another long series that I’ll have to wait for the rest of my life. It’s supposed to be really good though. It’s about knights and kings and good and evil, and everything else that Sanderson writes about.

Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
I’m slowly, but steadily working my way through Margaret Atwood. I’ve read two. So I’m not working fast. I recently bought Oryx and Crake. It’s a dystopian novel, about a guy who calls himself Snowman. He’s mourning the loss of his best friend Crake. There’s been a plague, devastating the world. And it seems exciting and interesting. 

Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
This has been the year of Rainbow Rowell for me. I’ve read Fangirl and Eleanor and Park, and I really liked them. I think she’s funny and clever. Attachments is about a guy, Lincoln, who has to monitor the emails of the people who works for the company he works for. He reads the emails of two women; Beth and Jennifer, who keep discussing every little detail of their personal life. Lincoln becomes captivated with Jennifer and Beth and finds himself falling for Beth.

The Letters of Vincent van Gogh by Vincent van Gogh
I really like Vincent Van Gogh. I love his art, I think it’s beautiful and wonderful. He also seems like he was a complete asshole. He wasn’t actually very appreciated in his own time, because he wasn’t necessarily that good at painting. He never really made any money off it, and subsisted mainly on money he got from his brother. This is a collection of his letters, that he’s written to a bunch of people. And I’ve had it forever.

The Quick by Lauren Owen
I’m not entirely sure why I bought this. I imagine it looked awesome and I just went “awesome”. It looked big and black, fun. It’s about a would-be poet, named James Norbury who studies at Oxford in 1892. He moves in with an aristocrat, and he becomes a part of the main drawing rooms of England. And then he disappears. His sister Charlotte comes down to figure out where he got to. Fun.

Diary by Chuck Palahniuk
This has been on my shelves for like an eternity. It’s about a woman named misty, who is sitting by her husband’s bedside. She was once a promising artist, and now she’s a disillusioned waitress and her husband recently tried to commit suicide and is now in a coma. She suddenly finds herself painting again and her talent is returning. I’ve never read Palahniuk. And I really want to read him. So I shall try. It’ll be fun.

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Yeah. I’ve owned this book forever. And I read the first page once, and then just put it away again. No idea why. Anyways. I’m gonna try again.