Top Ten Characters I Wish Would Get Their OWN Book



So I haven't done one of these in a while. It's NaNoWriMo, I have no control over anything, or time to do anything that isn't NaNo-writing. So this week the Top Ten Tuesday prompt is top ten characters I wish would get their own book, so minor characters I'd like to see with their own books. Or just for them to be POV characters. So these are mine. Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by the Broke and the Bookish.

Luna Lovegood – Harry Potter
Luna Lovegood is my favourite character, ever! She’s hilarious. She’s sweet, she’s so kind, and so smart. And I love her more than I love anyone else in the entire Potterverse. I love her, so much. I would love to read a book from her POV, like a book about her life after Hogwarts, traveling and stuff, that’d be great.

The Marauders – Harry Potter
Not very original perhaps, but I would totally love a Harry Potter-verse book with the Marauders as main character. I think I’d prefer Lupin’s point of view, because I find him really interesting, and he seems sort of like the kindest of them, and sort of most balanced. I just really like Lupin, dudes. I wouldn't mind for all of them to be a POV character though.

Simon Snow from Fangirl
So in Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell Cath writes fanfiction about Simon Snow, which is a sort of Harry Potter-y story, but a bit campier, it seems. And I loved the extracts in the book, from the Simon Snow books, and then I wanted to read it. It was incredible. It might be cheating, but I loved it.

Stefan from the Mercy Thompson books
He’s a vampire who owns a van painted like the Mystery Machine from Scooby do. He should have his own book.

Charlie from Twilight
Yeah, Bella’s dad, the books should have been about him. Particularly in the image of Billy Burke, good God that man. This isn’t that I think Charlie is a great dad, or a particularly good character for that matter. But the character of Charlie in the movies, played by Billy Burke, is astounding (relatively). He’s hilarious, he’s kind, I love him.

Voldemort from Harry Potter
Yes I have another Harry Potter one, shoot me. I want to read the books from Voldemort’s perspective. It’s a bit perverse, but it would be fun. This might just be me wanting to reread Harry Potter. I just think it would be interesting. Villains are fascinating, their justifications and logic, it would be cool.

Carswell Thorne from Cress
Carswell Thorne is the “Prince Charming” in Cress, he is the one who saves Cress. He’s very Jack Sparrow-y. He insists on being referred to as Captain Thorne, even though he’s not really a captain. He is funny, he’s arrogant, swaggering, and I love him so much. I want to know everything he thinks.

Alais de la Courcel from the Kushiel’s Legacy series
Alais is the youngest daughter of Ysandre and Durstan, the youngest princess. And she is this boyish, funny, clever girl. And she is just really ambitious, which I love. And the focus in the books are on Imriel and Sidonie, which is fun, I love them, but Alais is a badassador. She wants to rule Alba in her own right, which is awesome, she basically challenges centuries of law and tradition.

Marquis de Carabas from Neverwhere
He’s completely astounding. He swaggers, he runs around London-below, being just the most astounding person in the entire book. I love him. A book about just him would be astounding.

Littlefinger from A Song of Ice and Fire. 
Yeah. I wish he was a POV character. I wish I knew what was going on in his beautiful head. I wish I knew what arrogant, psychotic things he was thinking about. He’s so badass and so awful in all the right ways. I love him.