2015 – 2nd Quarterly wrap-up

Yes, we’re halfway through the year, I’m not sure where the year went, but here we are. It’s summery and nice. And this is how my year has gone so far.


I have read 45 books, I’m working on 46 and 47, at once, because that’s me. According to Goodreads I’m 10 books ahead of schedule, which is nice for me. I had a goal to read a graphic novel a month, I’m currently on 8 in total, so I’m ahead of schedule. I’ve read another Norwegian book, but I’m obviously still behind schedule since I should be on 6, but it’s fine. I’m going to chill. Another goal was to read one person of colour each month. I’m on 7 in total even though I didn’t read any in June. I’ll get back on that in July though.




My goal was also to read 50/50 men and women, and as it stands now I’m at 42% women and 58% men, which is still fine, I’m only halfway through the year, it’ll even out I think.



My goal was to read 8 classics. I’m currently working on classic number 4, although I guess technically I could count Orwell as a classic, but it feels more like a modern classic, so I’ll leave that out for now. 

Also, remember how I was going to review all the books I read? I am failing, so hard. I need to get back into the reviewing, but I don’t know that I’ll probably not catch up. But hey, let’s keep hope up.

And this is my very specific genre breakdown.