This weekend, the 17th of Saturday is the Dewey’s 24hourreadathon. It’s basically a readathon that lasts for 24 hours. So that’s
complicated. Everyone starts at the same time. I think my start time is 2 pm.
And then everyone, no matter where, reads for 24 hours, ideally. So this is my
announcement to say that I’m doing it. Because why not. And it’s my TBR. I say
TBR, but if I’m honest it’s just a list of books. So it’s a list of books that
I might read.
Firstly, I’m already reading the Queen of the Tearling. I have like
70-odd pages left. I’m hoping I’ll finish it before the readathon starts. I
don’t know why I hope this, it’s completely arbitrary, and I just like the idea
of finishing one thing before starting something else. This is how I get when
I’ve had the right amount of wine. I get very existential think-y. And just, so
eloquent. I’m also already reading Outlander. But that one is almost 900 pages,
so I won’t finish that. I’ll just put it into the readathon. Because why not.
- Before they Come for Us by Peter Strassegger. This is the second book by
my sister’s brother-in-law. Yeah. I know an author. This is lame now. It’s sort
of a dystopia about an old couple. It’s also short, which is ideal.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling. Because I have
them all on audiobook, and I recently listened to the first one. So I’ll go on
with book two, because… logic.
- Saga, volume 5. I bought it recently, didn’t read it, now I have an
excellent reason to read it.
- Thor, volume 3. Same as above. Bought it a while ago. Didn’t read it.
It’s a graphic novel, so it’s quick and easy.
- Vagina – A New Biography by Naomi Wolf. It’s a book about vaginas and
people who have vaginas. And I basically bought it because I walked past it in
the bookstore and the word VAGINA just jumped out at me. And I thought: well I
need that. This is how you know I’m not an adult.
- Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe. It’s been on my shelf for a while, I
always want to grab it. It sounds fun.
- The Collected Dorothy Parker. I won’t finish that, it’s like 600 pages,
but it’s short stories and essays and poems, as far as I know, so I thought
that might be good for like… variation.
That’s my tentative, overly ambitious, slightly insane TBR for the
24hourreadathon. It’ll be fun.